Saturday, January 14, 2006

Get out your hankies...

My uncontrollable weeping has subsided enough for me to be able to type, but my sense of outrage is still off the charts as yours will be when you read the story I must tell you…

It seems that a member of the DuPont family, one of the richest in America, is being forced to live in squalor on a paltry allowance of three thousand dollars a month. That’s right, I said
three thousand dollars a month! I’ve heard that Donald Trump spends at least that much on just hairspray and Martha Stewart’s cats have almost twice that amount of cash shredded up in their litter boxes.

Just think of the privations this man must endure! Ordinary table wine instead of champagne… taxis instead of limousines and…god help him…buying clothing off the rack. How can something like this happen in this country. It’s not like the man hasn’t done his part. He got himself born into a family of wealth and privilege…what more do they expect of him?

Spending with reckless abandon should be his birthright and yet he is denied. Will no one stand up for this tragic victim of oppression before he is forced to celebrate another Christmas with an artificial tree and gifts bought at Wal-Mart.

As for myself, I’m going to write to the president and ask him to start a program I have in mind called ‘No Millionaire Left Behind’. Won’t you join me?

No comments: